Have you ever considered buying a car from a car auction? Well, here’s a secret:
a car trade in with car dealers or selling a car privately. You may even find more cheap cars then one can through a stick at.
But, just because second hand car auctions sound like a better car buying deal, is it a good idea as well?
Consider the process:
- You come across a collection of second hand cars for sale – called a ‘lot’.
- A car auctioneer takes control over the proceedings.
- Each second hand car appears.
- You bid on the auction cars for sale.
- The person with the highest bid wins the second hand car.
Yep. That’s it!
What about online auctions?
The digital age has been taking over traditional processes throughout decades. These days, there are 3 ways to go about engaging in an online auction:
- Let CarZar.co.za advertise your second hand car to their nationwide network of dealers for 48-hours. This means you get the best price the South African market is willing to pay for your second hand car and even a possible match on your asking price. Accept the highest offer made by these car dealers and they’ll make an instant payment into your bank account. Simply get a car valuation online and book an obligation-free inspection. Our services are 100% free for you to use.
- Ebay car auction – place your car up for online auction and let the public bid on your second hand car. This means you get haggled into low offers and possibly go home with much less than your asking price.
- Hire someone to bid at live car auctions, on your behalf. However, this means you don’t see the second hand cars being bid on.
Which online car auction option sounds better to you?
When buying a second hand car at a car auction, you can count on paying far less than the real car resale value. You can think of it as getting a huge discount on your next ‘new’ second hand car.
Selling your second hand car through car auctions may sound all well, but their are risks involved in buying auction cars for sale:
- Auction cars are sold to car buyers ‘as is’ – this means no guarantee on whether the second hand car is in tip-top mechanical shape or not.
- You cannot have the second hand cars for sale professionally evaluated before buying.
- If something goes wrong with the second hand car, you cannot get a quick refund.
However, there’s always peace of mind knowing that all second hand cars bought by CarZar are professionally evaluated and roadworthy-checked by third-party DEKRA and KwikFit inspectors to provide an unbiased valuation. At the end of car evaluation, customers can decide between:
Option 1: Instant Cash – CarZar will make an instant cash offer.
Option 2: More ZAR for your car – looking for a higher price? Let us advertise your car to our nationwide network of dealers for 48-hours.
Car auctions, such as in CarZar’s Option 2, are a great way to sell car and make your new second hand car purchase from a reputable company.
With the best offer for your car, you can use cash in hands to shop for auction cars for sale.